Age is just a number – Do you agree?
I can honestly say that at 45 years old I feel the most content I’ve felt in my life so far!
I was 35 when I started FitSista. At the time I was so worried that I was too old to be a successful Personal Trainer, as all the trainers I knew were buff 21 year olds. Luckily for me, I had the Life experience that they didn’t. I’d been there and done that (not just read about it!). My age was actually an advantage in my profession – and it still is as I get older!.
So rather than having a moan about the downside of getting older – Here’s to the POSITIVE POINTS!
- Life Experience – You certainly don’t have that in your 20’s.
- Greater Knowledge (although I do forget things!) – Hopefully by your 40’s you’ve learnt a few things.
- Increased Confidence – I do things now that I’d never have done when I was younger.
- I’m happy in my own skin – It’s taken me 45 years, but I’m extremely comfortable about who I am.
- I take no shit – The days are well and truly over that I try to keep other people happy at the expense of my own happiness.
- I’m much more productive – I’ve got fire in my soul and I’m extremely passionate about my ambitions.
- I need less sleep – I’m up and at ’em early and I get so much more done in a day than I ever used to.
- I know exactly what’s important to me and what I want in life – and I really don’t care if I don’t match other peoples expectations.
- I’m actually living my best life – Life is GOOD!.
This FAR outweighs the wrinkles, grey hairs, flabby bits, mood swings and hot flushes!
So whatever age you’re at – don’t use it as an excuse. It’s never too late to try something you want to do and quite often, being older has its advantages!
Tags: age, ageing, best life, confidence, Fitness, forties, getting older, hot flushes, life experience, menopause, women's fitness, women's health